Skip to main content

Yes, More Tattoo's.

Continuing on from my previous blog "Tattoo's at Forty." Dated 12 Apr 2015

I thought I had finished at five Tattoo's; I had even promised my daughter that there would be no more... But no, I had to get another.

So in March this year I sat my daughter down and explained to her what I wanted.

She was like, "OMG Mum!  You said no more, I don't want you turning into one of those old ladies that is covered from head toe with tattoo's".  I promised her I would never be like that, as I find tattoo's next to tattoo's, next to more tattoo's, was just a little much.  You still need to show the skin you were born in and over decorating yourself like a Christmas tree, is just a little over board, it's like wearing to much make up. Anyway, my girl surprised me afterwards, because she ended up turning around and saying, "Well if your going to get another one, can you get one for me".

Of course, how could I turn that request down.  She asked me to put her and her brother's horoscope symbols on my arm.  But I reminded her that I already had the Dolphin tattoo as a symbol of them, but she said I know, but can you just do this one too?

So I looked up the symbols and decided that I didn't want a V for Aries and an M for Scorpio on me, I thought is would look more like initials.  So I went back to her and asked her if she would like the Chinese Horoscope instead.  So I showed her what 2003 the year of the Goat and what 2007 the year of the pig symbol looked like and she liked them so much better.

With that sorted, I went off to get the first part of my new tattoo done.  My favourite tattooist did the perfect design as always, he so get's me and what I like.  So we got to work and got the outline and shading done.  This tattoo is for my parents.  My beautiful Mum loves Elephants and my Dad has always called me his Rosebud and he now calls my girl, his granddaughter, his Rosebud 2.  My Dad is also English, so the Roses can also symbolise the English Rose.


Six weeks later I went in for the colour and shit did it hurt.  Going over a tattoo that has only just healed is not pleasant, but we did it and we survived and I love how it looks.


Is that it for me and my tattoo's.  Really can't say.  I do have a couple more places that I wouldn't mind adding something, but I haven't been looking for anything in particular. No doubt the itch will come back and I'll get back into doing some tattoo searching and idea gathering, but for now I'm happy with what I have.

Comments