Skip to main content

Chances

How many chances do you give someone?

Over a year had passed since we first met up over a milkshake and a sundae.  Some how, we never met again, then contact details got lost and ties were severed.

Then funnily enough, my phone notifies me of their upcoming birthday this year and then Face Book ask's me if I know this person.  So I decided to Face Book message them and wish them a happy birthday.

We got chatting again, they were so happy to connect with me again and said it was fate that brought us back together.  We organised to meet over coffee, which when the day came was about to not happen, due to money issue's.  But I said it was okay, I was happy to drive out their way and shout them coffee, as I was desperate to catch up with them again and to see if it was fate!



We sat chatting over coffee for a couple of hours that day and we also organised to meet for dinner the following Friday.

Two months passed and guess what, we still haven't had our dinner date or a lunch date or any other kind of date.  Not because we haven't organised any more dates, we have actually surpassed around 15 organised dates so far!

So the question remains, how many chances do you give someone?



There have been legitimate cancellations, due to work, family and their own health... Which I totally understand.  But there have been questionable ones too!

I message hours in advance to check that we are still on.  Either two things happen; I get a response where they say their not going to be able to make it or the other response is.... absolutely NO response at all.

I have to laugh really, they say things to me like... I'm their for you, I will help whenever you need me, fate brought us back together, you are my light at the end of the tunnel....blah, blah, blah.  Well the proof is in the pudding.  You haven't proved anything to me, I have gone to meet you on numerous occasion's, wasted my valuable time sitting around waiting for them; so truth is I have been their for them, but they've kept letting me down.  Sounds just like what my daughter says about her Dad.  You get excited about possibilities and then the bubble burst's again and you have egg on your face.

 So yes, I'm fed up.  Friendship can not be a one way street.  Words are just words, showing what your words are worth is so much more important.  Face up or ship out... So sadly two months of attempting to catch up, has now lead me to finally give up.  

Comments

  1. It really is a tough old road this one. I think it's not so much about chances you give to someone else but boundaries you maintain for yourself. Love to you Vix xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably a good thing you have given up on this guy, hate to say it but going by what you said, sounds like he is married :(
    You deserve to be with someone who can give you 100% :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and yes... totally agree. ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment