Skip to main content

My Weekend Away to Martinborough 1st to 3rd of February 2019


Purchases from the Martinborough Fair and 
the American Car Festival



What an amazing weekend I had…


I know most of my posts over the years have been downers and mediocre stories of my mental issues, picking the wrong men and just not feeling like my life had any purpose.

I’ve had good and great weekends over the years with my family and close friends, but this weekend there was a difference.  Not only did I do the usual weekend away stuff, I was also challenged in the most unexpected way, which was also a happy surprise to my companion whom had suggested the challenge casually over the last couple of weeks, but thinking that maybe I wasn’t up to it.

I too wasn’t so sure, as I had many questions due to the ways my ex-husband behaved, which ended up giving me the wrong impression.  I have always thought of myself as an open minded person and when this came up in conversation, I automatically had visions of my ex-husband and so I needed to explain my reservation.  After this was off my chest, it was so refreshing to hear that what I had been subjected too, was definitely not right.

I read this blog / article last night https://nznaturistfederation.blogspot.com/2017/12/love-skin-youre-in.html?m=1  after having succeeded with overcoming this challenge, it made me realise that I have done something good for myself, for my mental health and I’ve created a friendship / bond with a kind and amazing person that is not judgemental and who just wants to see me truly happy and finally relaxed from my everyday drama’s at home.



I am actually looking forward to going again, as I know the more I do this, the more I will learn about myself and my confidence should continue to grow.  But as my friend asked me yesterday, “Is there nothing that scares you?”  I thought really hard about that and my conclusion was. “For now, I can think of nothing.”  I know I may think long and hard about some things, but so far I have kept on telling myself to do it, as otherwise in the future I will kick myself for not giving it a go!

This amazing weekend truly went by too fast and having to head home on Sunday afternoon was not easy… but my happiness carried over into a great day at work, where I just ploughed through orders like never before and I skipped out of work with a smile still on my face. 

Lake Ferry


American Car Festival

The scenery from my challenge












Comments